Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Are Your Bunkers Too Perfect?



I wrote an article for Green Master Magazine this month.

It begins:

"I was speaking about the Future trends in Golf Architecture at a USGA seminar in Boston this winter when I shared the following thought, “Bunkers have essentially lost their strategic value,” The sucking in of breath was audible, but I meant what I said.

I have spent the better part of the last two decades coming up with ways to keep bunkers playing consistently, avoiding contamination and getting the ball to the bottom of bunker for playability. While this may receive a resounding thumb up from golfers, I’m starting to wonder if I’m doing the right thing."

Here is the rest of the article:

http://issuu.com/greenmaster/docs/cgsa_gm_v48.5_v3/18



No comments:

Post a Comment